1) Clerical Duties, Payroll, Banks liaison.
2) 18 years
3) Project Accountant
4) Contributing to good financial reports that meet the donors’ requirements in an endeavour to retain all those we have worked with.
5) I would like to see an organisation that is financial stable, which is able to withstand the challenges that come with donor funding.
6) ORAP being a developmental organisation envisions communities that are able to feed themselves, that are self reliant. The organisation therefore thrives when every person in these communities are engaged in projects that are meant to sustain them for the rest of their lives. To ORAP, development means changing the lives of these communities for the better. It is an organisation that does not believe in individualism but team work. It therefore encourages these communities to work as groups for better performance.
7) Matabeleland has been marginalised for a long time but the organisations like ORAP have been there for this region, assisting it to conquer its challenges. The sooner the powers that be realise that Matabeleland is a key player in the development of Zimbabwe, the better. I would like to see a region that is free from hunger, a region that is free from political confusion as this detrimental to its development.
8) I was born in Bulawayo, Mpilo hospital on 04.01.1967. 1ST born in family of three, being the only boy. I went to St Patricks, Zamanyani, Marinoha and Mpumelelo Primary Schools before going to Inyanda Secondary School. Studied Accounting with a Higher Diploma in Accountancy. Currently furthering my studies with ACCA.
I am married to Lizinethi Beta with three beautiful children, Clifford, Amanda Clemencia and Celandine Awande Beta.
I hope to finish my Oxford University Honours degree in Applied Accounting in 2016
9) I am so passionate about being with family, seeing my favourite teams win i.e. Highlanders,
Liverpool and Real Madrid.
Today we feature Samuel Beta who is the Accounts Clerk at the ORAP headquarters. He celebrated his 18th anniversary with the organisation and handles the clerical duties, payroll and banks liaison. He is passionate about being with family and seeing his favourite soccer teams win. Mr Beta wants Matabeleland to realise that they are a key player in the development of Zimbabwe. He would like to see the region free from hunger and any other factors that are detrimental to development.
“I was born in Bulawayo and am the 1ST born in a family of three, being the only boy. I went to St Patricks, Zamanyani, Marinoha and Mpumelelo Primary Schools before going to Inyanda Secondary School. I hold a Higher Diploma in Accountancy. Currently,I am furthering my studies with ACCA. I hope to finish my Oxford University Honours degree in Applied Accounting. I am married to Lizinethi Beta and we have three beautiful children, Clifford, Amanda Clemencia and Celandine Awande Beta.
Samuel is meticulous and continuously contributes to good financial reports that meet a project’s requirements so as to retain ORAP’s brand ,good relations and future partnerships.