Terms of Reference
End of Evaluation of Project 1010268-33 in Zimbabwe
“Drought Mitigation through unconditional cash transfer”
Background Information and Rationale
ORAP, is a local non-governmental organisation operational in Matabeleland North and South and Midlands provinces of Zimbabwe. The Organisation focuses on eradication of poverty amongst rural and urban communities through various humanitarian and development interventions. ORAP implemented an unconditional cash transfer project in Umzingwane District from February to May 2017 with funding from DanChurchAid (DCA). The project targeted 3332 beneficiaries from 725 vulnerable households in 3 wards (3, 7 & 20) with the aim of increasing dietary diversification and improving food security at the household level.
The purpose of the evaluation is to document the project’s achievements and provide strategic input for designing future cash based interventions.
The evaluation should also include the project’s contribution on access to food and income in the drought context, diversification of family diet, and changing in household eating habits. A dietary diversity score has to be used to establish level of diversification.
Professional Qualifications of the Team
- Master’s degree in Disaster Management, or other Social Sciences, and familiarity with statistical methods.
- Proven expertise on the subject matter, i.e, Cash transfer and food security and / or nutrition and cross cutting issues such as Rights Based Approach and Gender.
- Proven experience conducting similar evaluations.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, and at least one other local language
- Proven evaluation skills such as indicator development, sampling, participatory evaluation methodology, appreciative enquiry methods, focus group interviews, etc.
- Proven team leader and report writing skills
Deadline: 01 Dec 2017
Interested candidates should send the following documents to:
firstname.lastname@example.org . Kindly indicate subject title as 1010268-33 Evaluation
- Full CV including references
- 1 or 2 examples of evaluations from previous evaluations in humanitarian contexts in which the candidate was the lead researcher
- A max three-page proposal including budget and time lines as well as the proposed methodology
A one page covering letter explaining how you meet the qualifications and skills required; indicating your daily rate (in USD); and confirming your availability in December 2017, and ability to complete the task within the month of December.